From:
Jana Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 17:00:57 -0600
Alan Jones <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> I've read many references to the fact that Paleo man had a much higher
> variety of food in his diet (as compared to the SAD), and that a lack of
> variety in our diet can lead to sensitivities and allergies.
>
> I would assume that Paleo man's diet varied mainly by season, but varied
> much less on a daily or weekly basis.  IOW, if we could look at a typical
> day or week of eating for a Paleo man, the variety would be very small for
> those relatively small snapshots in time.
>
> For example, after killing a large animal, I assume they'd simply gorge on
> the body of that animal.  Perhaps more than one "meal"?  When they found
> a nice patch of ripe blueberries, they'd gorge on that also?
>
> Does this sound right?  Have any of you tried eating in this manner?  To
> me it sounds like a much less interesting way to eat, altho it would make
> meal planning a lot easier.

I eat like this (basically).  I do it with supermarket produce,
though, and usually whatever looks freshest and most appealing.  I
find it a fun way to eat, actually, I really feel I "get my fill" of
whatever I'm interested in.  Nice not to have anyone tell me what to
eat anymore, unlike when I was a kid.  :)