From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 09:45:15 -0400
On Tue, 21 May 2002, Jim Swayze wrote:

> love the Omega 3 eggs from hens fed flax seed.

It occurs to me that if flax seed were mixed in with cattle feed,
this would improve the omega profile of the animal fat of feedlot
meats.  This tactic, while not resulting in the same product as
grass-fed cattle, would nevertheless be an improvement on what we
now have in the supermarket.  In fact, it seems so obvious, and
inexpensive, that I wonder if it's already being done somewhere.

Todd Moody