From:
Marianne Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 10:49:14 -0400
On Tue, 14 May 2002 14:39:21 -0700, Alyne <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Some eating plans insist that one eat breakfast even
>if not hungry.  The theory is that it gets your
>metabolism moving in the morning and you can't lose
>weight without eating breakfast.  I am rarely hungry
>until 11-12 (i get up around 7) and would prefer to
>only eat in response to hunger.  Any opinions?

I think there is a bias toward morning people in our society and that's why
you hear that sort of thing. Most people act like I'm a criminal for
sleeping late, for example. "Aren't you up yet! it's noon!." And God forbid
you should sleep too many hours - I seem to need 9 or 10 and people are so
shocked! Stupid. I think some people are morning people, some people (like
me) are afternoon people, and some people are night people. Maybe you are
not a morning person and your system doesn't really get started until later.
I can't eat much in the morning either - the thought of a big breakfast
makes me feel sick. I can't see any virtue in forcing down food when you're
not hungry. I also can't work out in the morning; it actually hurts, nothing
feel smooth. I always work out in the evenings. I also eat more at lunch and
dinner than I ever do in the morning, and I've never been overweight.