From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 10:52:10 -0400
> because they are a such good source of energy. She goes on to speculate
> that this could be why some humans have a taste for alcohol - not such a
> good thing these days when it is so readily available.

I don't agree. I think getting high is a universal drive. Before he became a
dieting guru, in the early seventies, Andrew Weil wrote a book called "The
Natural Mind" that I think was very good. The thesis of the book is that
getting high is natural. I'm not sure that it has any higher purpose and
doubt it has any dietary one. Man has sought all kinds of herbs for getting
high and of all the methods, liquor is the most obvious and easiest perhaps.

--Richard