From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 09:26:51 -0400
For the past 6-8 months, I have been experiencing a digestive
problem.  It's intermittent, but happens often enough to be
annoying, and it may be connected to weight loss issues.  My diet
is fairly basic paleo, and the problem doesn't seem to correlate
with dietary changes.  Anyway, the symptoms are these: A few
hours after a meal, I will begin to feel bloated, in the sense
that my stomach feels inflated, and my abdomen is in fact
distended somewhat.  Later, or maybe the next morning, I will
experience loose stools or diarrhea, with what appears to be bits
of undigested food.  This condition may last a day or so, then it
subsides.  Most of my meals are just meat and salad, or meat and
a veggie, or meat and a fruit or berries.

My best guess is that I am experiencing hypochlorhydria, or low
stomach acid.  The symptoms are consistent with what I've read
about it.  What I'm wondering is why, after five years of paleo,
this problem would commence, and whether there is a possible
dietary change that would relieve it.

Todd Moody