From:
Secola/Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:01:45 -1000
> On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Amadeus Schmidt wrote:
>
>>> Some of us just "want" too much.
>>
>> What do you think is the reason that some want too much?

Todd:
> Good question.

I hate to throw another variable into this thread, but it does integrate
another thread. ;) Todd, were you you breastfed? I wasn't and find eating my
fill is overeating as well.

There are many studies correlating obesity in folks with the inverse of
length of time being breastfed. In other words, the longer a child is
breastfed the less chance of obesity (which likely correlates with
overeating, and perhaps other related metabolic results). Interestingly, the
breastfed infant is usually heavier than the bottle-fed early on, at which
point the bottle-fed statistically gains and the breastfed grows up but not
out, so to speak.

Of course, the mothers in these studies were likely eating plenty of
neolithic foods, so it is hard to generalize any casuality.

Who knows?

Cheers,
Kirt