From:
Walt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 15:52:49 -0400
John -

Problem is that as with computer viruses and a lot of other stuff, the
second somebody says _something_, there are crazies out there who'll
immediately turn it into their own personal worst possible case scenario.
Since there are plans on the table to modify the _Novice_ bands, some
clown's decided that _everything's_ up for grabs.  What this _sounds_ like,
to me, is somebody's attempt to make the Commission and ARRL look like the
black hats because, after all, ARRL isn't telling us about any such
restructuring and obviously, this put them in cahoots with the FCC to screw
hams.  Put this one into the urban legend category and don't worry about it.