Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 23:18:17 -0400
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Tom wrote:

> I never heard of this before, but in the past whenever I
> wanted to drop a few pounds that is basically what I did. My
> rule was to eat nothing until sundown, basically one meal a
> day. That worked until I hit 40, and when it didn't work one
> time I hit the bookstore for some diet advice. I picked up neanderthin...

When you say it didn't work, do you mean that you didn't lose
weight or that you just couldn't tolerate it?

This so-called "Warrior" diet is yet another way of implementing
fairly severe caloric restriction.  Garry Taubes, in the article
we have just been discussing, says "Starvation is normal."  That
may be an overstatement, but perhaps the idea is that it is
normal for our species to go without food for fairly lengthy
periods, and then to eat heartily, a cycle more typical of
carnivores than herbivores.

I don't know; it does seem that most research shows that smaller
more frequent meals results in more fat loss.  At least, that's
what I've heard.  That seems to be a simple refutation of the
"Warrior" diet concept.  I really would like to know more about
this.

Todd Moody