Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 18:29:19 +1000
> Would you care to offer a brief run-down on what you think
> the merits/advantages are [of dairy].

The continuity of lactase into adulthood is a very useful mechanism for
widening the access to food resources, and obtaining vital fats, proteins,
calcium and vitamin D. It may originally been a genetic defect but since it
is so advantageous it would have conferred great advantages over anyone else
who couldn't drink milk.  Although we hear ad nauseum that 'only 17%' of
people can digest milk, that 17% includes most Caucasians, which to hazard a
guess would be most people on this list.  It's something our ancestors have
been doing ever since we domesticated the auroch.

andrew