Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 06:45:02 -0500
>> I am also having a whole lot of trouble with allergies, even on the
>> paleo diet.  The paleo diet has improved them dramatically, but I'd love
>> to improve them even more.  What is your typical diet when you are not
>> cheating?  And, what kind of cheating have you done, which has resulted
>> in worse allergies?

Hi, Erik,

I have suffered from hay fever since I was a kid, and in the last 5 years
or so it became a year-round phenomenon. I used to have to take an
antihistamine every day, along with eye drops and a nasal spray to keep it
under control.

When I began low-carbing a couple of years ago the hay fever disappeared,
and I have not used any of the meds since then. My day-to-day diet is low-
carb and virtually paleo (based around berries, eggs, meat, fish, salads,
veggies). The hay fever comes straight back when I raise carbs above about
70g, with a delay of about 24 hours. Even dried fruit produces this effect.

Jo