Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 21:28:21 -0400
On Tue, 14 May 2002, Philip Thrift wrote:

> This topic in the chat excerpt below is also discussed in
> their PPLP book, which indicates otherwise.
> The bottom line is that you still want lots of meat, low carbs and
> starches.
>
> Probably not. Even low glycemic, if they represented 50-60% of caloric
> intake, would be capable of running insulin up and in an insulin resistant
> person, that is going to spell failure.

Indeed.  I wouldn't quarrel with this, but it doesn't entail any
particular conclusions about beans.  In fact, I think the Eades
would agree that one is better eating low glycemic carbs than
high glycemic carbs, and legumes tend to be low.  This doesn't
mean that they should replace meats, however.

But if a person is already committed to, say, limiting carbs to
no more than 25% of calories, there is still the question of
whether beans should play a role.  I am not convinced that
paleodiet principles exclude them altogether.

Todd Moody