Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 09:33:09 -0400
On Tue, 14 May 2002, Philip Thrift wrote:

> Another issue (discussed in The Protein Power Lifeplan, Eades) is
> the high starch and carb content of beans, say relative to a root like
> turnip. So beans may be problematic for people trying to lose fat.

But many have a low glycemic index, which generally indicates a
low insulin index, especially if they are not overcooked.  Weight
loss plans that are based on the glycemic index of foods
generally make extensive use of beans for precisely this reason.
The insulin index of lentils is probably lower than that of meat.
It's protein content per 100g (25g) is actually greater than that
of lean beef (20g), although I think the quality of the protein
is not as good.

Todd Moody