Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2002 18:12:56 -1000
From:
Secola/Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Ardeith:

> Making beer out of excess grain......wine out of
> excess grapes or other fruit.......excess being what
> the people didn't need to eat right now......Paleo
> peoples probably didn't have such excesses to
> deal with......I asked my Fred who is a beer devotee
> and he said the ancient Egyptians made beer....
> recipes have been found.....but these were not
> Paleo peoples......

An interesting note: While living in the tropics it became clear that much
of the honey made by bees had a higher water content than it does in the
temperate zone. Perhaps because the bees don't need to save their stash for
a winter since _something_ is flowering nearly year-round. Anyway, this type
of honey tends to ferment easily and it tastes kinda interesting. Perhaps
honey mead was the first drunk our species encountered. Who knows?

Check out Honey Run winery to sample a honey mead (albiet flavored with some
berry wine).

Cheers,
Kirt