EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:57:26 -0400
Hi all,

Jeanie, both Window-Eyes and JFW have demo versions that you can use
most effectively.  Their only drawback is that they quit after 20
mins.  However, all you do is simply reboot or restart them.  This
would be an excellent way to test software.

If you're planning to install such software for the use of patrons in
your library, suggest getting the full version of one of these.
Window-eyes has the best support for web pages I think, but that's my
opinion.  I use it!  <smile> It's also cheaper than JFW by $200.  For
testing purposes, the demo versions should work just fine.  You will
need a computer with a sound card so that you can use the SAPI synthe.

Again, if you do extended experimentation, you may want to purchase
one or the other of these.  They aren't making PW-Web Speak any more.
I dunnow about the IBM one, how much it costs.  the demo should work
fine for what you want I think.

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons
email:  [log in to unmask]                   ICQ Number:  33006854