EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Verhoeven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:06:31 +0200
Hi Petra,

There is nothing in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines of the W3C
that says "do not use frames". The only things said about frames is use
frame titles.

Jaws and Window-Eyes work well with simple frame structures, that have good
frame titles. Supernova and Hal have much more prolems with frames.
Also with Jaws and Window-Eyes you can not access pages with complex frame
constructions, where scrollbars are disabled, or where frames are
constructed with scripting language instead of standard HTML.
The typical left frame menu, right frame content, or top frame high level
navigatio, left frame detail navigation and right frame content are easy to
access with Jaws and Window-Eyes, but if there is a fourth and fifth frame
at the bottom and the right it is hard to access.

Another problem with frames, is that they are difficult to access by
browsers like Lynx.

Regards Peter Verhoeven
Internet : http://www.magnifiers.org (The Screen Magnifiers Homepage)