EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"* EASI: Equal Access to Software & Information" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
tabitha buggie-hunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 13:26:41 -0400
I have had a question from a colleague who teaches online for SUNY Learning
Network.  It is a Lotus notes -based system.

The college where she works is proposing that all courses, including online
courses, have an oral presentation component.

Here are the questions...

  Is this possible at all considering the different computer systems that
students own in their homes?  How would a student submit ONLINE an oral
presentation?  Could that be available to the whole class? And, being a
Disability Services provider... how could she then make it available to All
students?

While I have taken the EASI courses-THANK YOU, NORM et. al., this request
is beyond me.  Please keep the answers technologically as simple as possible.

Thank you!
Tabitha

Tabitha Buggie-Hunt, Director                        [log in to unmask]
Office of Disability Services                voice (585) 245-5112
SUNY Geneseo                                 relay 1-800-421-1220
1 College Circle  105 Erwin                  fax (585) 245-5032
Geneseo, New York  14454