RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 02:58:48 -0500
Geoffrey,

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:08:44 +0100, Geoffrey Purcell
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 >I have been trying out a 100% raw organic,high-fat-high-protein(80% of
diet)
 >version of the Primal Diet but without any raw dairy. As I am trying to
 >increase my muscular strength, I feel it's necessary. You on the other
hand,
 >may not need as much.

In my experience, I don't need anywhere near that amount of protein for a
high level of strength and endurance. I'm the strongest and with the most
endurance I've ever been, aided by a 100% raw, fruit-based diet. I've tried
many approaches, and this is simply the one that works best for me. I won't
speak for anyone else.

 >However, given that Palaeolithic peoples ate raw
 >animal protein and fat for as at least 65% of their diet, and often much
 >more,

How do you know that they did? This is a matter of belief, not fact. Also,
even if they did, that does not mean that it was optimum for health. It
could be argued that these people ate what they needed to eat to survive,
given what was available for them to use as food. Also, I've read that these
people didn't live very long lives.

 >I would recommend increasing your raw-protein intake, just in case.

That's not a good enough reason. I go for results, not beliefs. High protein
and fat intake, in my personal experience, is not for me. Bad results, all
across the board.

 >As far as babies go, they don't have as much muscles and bone in
proportion
 >to body weight as, say, (male) teenagers or adults, so I think one
ought to
 >increase one's protein intake as one gets older.

But a baby doubles its size and weight within a few months. Its entire body
is rapidly growing -- on a small amount of protein.

 >But far more important than
 >protein, a baby's intake of raw animal fat in the form of mother's milk is
 >indicative that raw fat is essential to human health.

Yes, raw fat is important for optimal health. But, a baby is not very
active, plus it's rapidly growing and developing. Thus, its fat needs are
higher.

In my experience, I do tremendously better in all regards, aided by a lot
less fat.

Wes