BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
can't australian computers read? <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:26:07 -0400
Ralph, you noticed, how sweet!  I knew the study was cited in the
current APT Bulletin, but I was surprised to find in OHJ, too.  It seems
ironic to me that the study completed by our firm, and involving Frank
Welsh, was completed 13 years ago.  It shows that good work can wait
until it's ready to be implemented, when the project is ready, and
retain its validity.  The color shifts were too abrupt to just paint
with the next maintenance round, so they have been doing it gradually.
Also, now that the major structural repairs are being completed,
recognition of the appropriate colors is bringing the project full
circle.  I'm glad to have had a part in the process of restoring this
landmark building.  BTW, I presented the color study and findings at APT
1990 in Ottawa.

We do good stuff here in the Midwest!  And, we get around...but that is
a future discussion.  Thanks.

QUINN EVANS | ARCHITECTS

Ilene Tyler, FAIA

219 1/2 N. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI  48104
www.quinnevans.com
v 734.663.5888
f 734.663.5044

Date:    Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:47:06 -0400
From:    Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Digest - 22 Apr 2002 to 23 Apr
2002(#2002-111)

Ilene,

Guess which famous Pinhead I found in this month/quarter's Old House
Journal-- YOU!  And John Seekircher, who we should probably make an
honorary Pinhead, if only for the dues...

Ralph