From:
"Nathan, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:55:33 -0700
Hi All,

I recently acquired a very good condition Knight Kit T-60 transmitter which
is the same kind of rig I used as a novice and early general.  Now, I want
to match up a vintage receiver with it.  Does anyone on the list know of a
document in accessible format that would describe the various models of
Hallicrafter, Hammarlund and other older receivers and what was offered by
each model?  I would sure appreciate any information I could get on this
subject.

From having lived through the later part of those tube years I remember that
the SX in Hallicrafter names meant that the receiver had crystal filtering
but I don't know much about the model numbers as which was produced first,
which were ham bands only and which were general coverage.  And, I know even
less about Hammarlund.

by the way, does anyone have any of those old crystals in the FT-243 holder
which might work with my T-60 or, better yet, a VFO?

I thank you in advance for your help on this one.  73
Kevin, K7RX

Kevin Nathan, Independent Living Coordinator
Dept. of Services for the Blind
3411 S. Alaska
Seattle, Wa 98118
Voice:  (206) 721-6450