From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 07:49:05 -0600
Dean Kukral
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics
Wichita State University

-----Original Message-----

>>        Is it possible to install 2 printers on one PC?  One printer is an
>>Epson and the other is a Panasonic.  I think it's possible, but
>>don't know how to do it.

>You can hook up two printers using an A/B switch box.  Load both of the
>printers drivers and you'll just have to remember to switch the box to the
>printer that you wish to use and select the correct driver from the
>application that you're printing from.
>
>Dale Bryant

This issue came up some time ago.  The problem with A/B switch boxes
is that sometimes they can cause transient pulses.  If I remember
correctly, HP's warranty is void if you use such a switch.  (Evidently
their electronics is sensitive.)  Therefore, when I wanted to hook
up both my wife's and my own computer to our laser printer, I bought an
electronic switching device (which works quite well).  It may be that
not all printers are so sensitive, but the LPT2: card is a safer solution.

Dean

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]