CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Veeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 00:24:12 -0400
On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Joshua 2 wrote:

> > Harry Veeder
> > There has been no organized conspiracy in the sense of a planned activity
> > to keep some impressive knowledge secret
>

> How do you know that Harry ?

If your asking if I am certain that there is no "banking" conspiracy, well
then I have to say that I am not certain. But this is besides the point
since my criticisms of the money-system are not meant to expose
banking conspiracies.

I am not denying that conspiracies do occur, but I think is important
that people accept that their own subjective beliefs are sometimes
responsible for maintaining the status quo.(eg. The belief that a king
rules because of a devine right ).When a person discovers that thier
beliefs *could* be wrong, it may be due to one of two reasons.

1) They realize that what they took to be an objective fact about the
world was actually dependent on their own subjective belief. Society and
social relations are often taken to be "natural" or "given".

2) They learn of new objective evidence which throws their objective
"facts" into question. Furthermore, they may also learn that certain
individuals have actually conspired to prevent this objective evidence
from becoming known to them.

Harry Veeder

P.S. As a matter of fact I have my own conspiracy theory about the
pharmaceutical industry and treatments for stomach ulcers.