CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bob Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 19:23:41 -0800
[log in to unmask] wrote..
>Documents were found in Ramallah proving that the PLO was supplying the
>explosives to the suicides; else, where did they get the bombs to blow
>themselves up with? And it makes clear that the suicides are a strategy,
>however desperate it it. Those who are recruiting, training, and arming the
>suicides are looking, not to 1967 border, but to 1947, when Israel did not
>exist. They are as wrong as Sharon is in his approach to destroy the
>Palestinian independence movement. neither will go away.

I respect your opinion, but strongly question the authenticity of those
documents. And while agreeing that the money and material needed for bomb
making may come from those with their own agenda, the desperation of those
who carry those bombs and give their lives are the ones who count, and the
ones referred to in the article.

I also think the commonly stated 'Palestinians wish to drive the Israelis
into the sea' is little more than Israeli propaganda. Or at least it was.
But given what the Palestinians have and are been forced to endure, is not
such a 'wish' understandable?

Basically, our differences come down to the individual. As J. P. Hogan said
"People believe what they want to believe and close their eyes to what they
don't want to believe. They need to think the world is the way they'd like
it to be because having to face up to the reality that it isn't would be
too uncomfortable."

Bob