BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 09:57:51 -0400
From: "Leland Torrence" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: old whine, new foreskins

[snip]

> Following the dirt and form inspection by myself and the
> building inspector the low bidder for the masonry and the Director of
> Facilities added curves and widened the ramp prior to the pour.

what you have here is a classic case of failure to communicate....
the director of facilities obviously wasn't consulted on the design, and
might have been feeling a little left out, eh?   ;)

I wish I had a dollar for every toilet paper holder, soap dispenser, and
towel dispenser that I've installed -- stainless steel, and they ain't
cheap -- which I found replaced with some plastic montrosity upon my
return to the facility at a later date....

the usual excuse is that the staff "couldn't figure out how to open it
to refill it"  (soap dispensers), or "lost the key and couldn't get
another one anywhere" (other types of dispensers, and we sell the keys
for 15 cents each)....

sometimes the truth is, that the rest of the building has these plastic
dispensers, sometimes scores or even hundreds of them, which are often
supplied free to building management by the supplies dealer...
and into which only the sanitary suppliers' products (bought in bulk at
best prices) will fit...
and the new stuff is like a fly in the ointment to the staff....

so much for specs on stuff people have any CONTROL over  ;)

deb