EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pranav Lal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 21:18:19 +0600
Hi all,

I am planning to apply to US universities for doing a MBA. I am totally
blind so was tested under nonstandard conditions when I took the GMAT; that
is extra time, a reader was provided for reading the questions and a
recorder for writing the answers. ETS states that it attaches a note with
the score report that states that the examinee was tested under nonstandard
testing conditions. As I understand, it does this since it cannot compare
such examinees with other examinees who have been tested under standard
conditions in order to provide an over all ranking.  I have no problems
with this.

I want to know how US universities evaluate such reports. Basically, how
much weightage would they give to the score report as compared to other
parts of an examinee's application like the essays? Or, do they treat the
scores differently? that is, is a score of say 560 obtained by such an
examinee treated equivalent to say a score of 580 obtained by an examinee
who has been tested under standard conditions?

I hope that the above came out coherently and I am making some sense!
Thanks
Pranav