Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:25:52 EST
From:
Linda Ostrow <[log in to unmask]>

Hi teacher friends,

How do you manage lunch at school?  Here in the south, we're not allowed to
leave campus on a regular basis (no more often than once a week), so buying
lunch out is not an option.

BC (before celiac), I used to take diet lunches, a roll and fruit.  I heated
my frozen meal in the microwave  so my meal was quick to prepare and easy to
eat.  Now I rely on leftovers - generally from the night before.  However the
past two weeks, my schedule has been FRENETIC and I haven't been able to cook
much at night (we've been relying on spaghetti, a couple of gf frozen dishes
that make JUST enough for my family, etc.)  Bottom line....NO leftovers.
Thank GOODNESS for Amy's enchilada meals - I've eaten them for days on end.
However, I'm REALLY getting sick of eating the SAME thing, day in and day out.

How do ya'll handle lunches? Plain canned tuna is not an option - I'm WAY to
hungry for a can of tuna. I leave too early in the morning to stop by
McDonald's and pick up a salad and needless to say, school lunches are OUT.

Soup and crackers are an idea but I can't buy Gultano's crackers here in
Savannah and the last time I tried to order them, Miss Roben's was out of
stock.  In the four years I've been "battling" this disease, I SURE haven't
found a bread that's eatable - and I've pretty much tried them all.  I buy
one of the Ener-G breads at our only health food store and grind it up for
bread crumbs - but for the most part, I'm breadless. So, with NO crackers and
NO bread - I'm REALLY stymied as to what to take for lunch.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.  And for all of you who think
that Celiac Disease is a blessing.....I'm TRULY thrilled for your absolute
acceptance of this disease but please don't email me to tell me how lucky I
am.  I don't feel lucky at this point - I'm hoping it will come with time.
But, as I've stated before, I'm not even CLOSE to being there yet.  I fight
with this problem almost every day.  I've gained 25 lbs and it seems that I'm
hungry all the time. Enough bellyaching....

Also, several weeks ago I asked where I could buy gf pita bread.  I received
three responses - all saying the GF Cookie Jar.  Alas, they've discontinued
the pita bread.  They do have pita bread mixes though but it's all I can do
to make muffins for breakfast, sub rolls and hamburger buns.... I SURE don't
have enough time to add pita bread to my list of baked items.  And besides
that, my middle name "ain't" Betty Crocker or Martha Stewart - it's VERY hard
for me to manage the above mentioned items.  Pita bread is OUT of the
question.

Stay healthy and thanks for the advice.