EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marcus Ormerod <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:53:35 -0000
HI all

would first of all like to thank all the people who have responded so
swiftly to my request, both on and off line.

To answer this one is that the descriptions are long enough to create a box
that pops up and flags the attention to the visual user. The text in the alt
tag explains dimensions and measurements that are illustrated in the diagram
together with the context in which they are in. They do not add any more
content than the visual diagram. I do take the point that alt text does not
pop up in other browsers.

Having thought about it more I am going to go for shorter alt text on the
diagrams that tells the fact that there is a D link to another page with the
full description.

cheers
marcus