From:
Brendon Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:20:58 +0200
There is a program called killcmos that will reset the BIOS which has helped
me in the past (A few years ago). I think it <may> be dependant on being
able to get into windows at least (which won't help you). You should find it
on CNET.com. Otherwise, Ian's suggestion is the best.

I think you really need to check the BIOS. Alternatively, any chance of you
testing the drive on another working computer.

Good luck.

Brendon