C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 14:48:57 -0500
With Jen's baby on the way and recent discussions about wanting/having
children, I've been thinking a lot about that very topic recently.  For the
first time in my life I have met a very caring guy and am in a serious
relationship.  We've been dating for about 4 months (but have known each
other almosta year) and the topic of sex has come up.  I have always thought
that I would wait until I get married to take that big step.  Recently, I am
not so sure about that.  I haven't changed my mind yet though because truly,
deep down, I am afraid that if I say "yes" I won't be able to have sex
without some serious strain/pain on my hips.  Yes, I could talk to my doctor
about this and I will.  But I would really appreciate advice from the gals
on the list.  What was your first time like?  How did you deal with lack of
flexibility/range of motion issues?  Positions?  I know my boyfriend wants a
family and I would want to be sure I could give him that before we even
consider the idea of marriage.  For now, my biggest concerns are about the
physical act itself, with concerns about having a family further into the
future.

E-mail me offlist if you would feel more comfortable at [log in to unmask]

Linda