C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 08:28:01 -0500
Hi there Mag,

A pony is a supported walker with lots of supports for children to people
like you and I who are adults.

It is made by Snugseat, and has lots of options -- trunk support, way to
prevent ascissoring, seat, tray, hand holds, etc.
To see it go to:
http://www.snugseat.com/pony.html

There is also an outdoor version that they say will never come in adult
sizes, called the Bronco, (just a sturdier frame, bigger fatter wheels,
etc.)

Its link is:
http://snugseat.com/bronco.html

There are gait trainers for adults like the Pony such as the Rifton Pacer,
and the Theratrek, as well as the Meywalk I have tried all three but can't
get in/out of them by myself, or they are really bulky. Some/all of them
lack brakes for the user-- scarey for me.
The websites for the adult gait trainers are:
Pacer: http://www.rifton.com/rifton/pacer.htm

Theratrek:
http://www.ultimatesupport.com/MD%20Main%20page.htm
Meywalk:
http://www.mulhollandinc.com/meywalks.htm

I HAVE WRITTEN TO ORTHOPROACTIVE REGARDING MAKING A GAIT TRAINER TO MY
SPECIFICATIONS.

THEY MAKE THE HART WALKER IN CANADA.

www.orthoproactive.com

I will tell you what the results are,