BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

"As good almost kill a man as kill a good book" -- John Milton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 23:48:52 EDT
Ralph wrote
and realized he'd brought me the chair because I'd been standing
with my hands behind my back -- directly in front of his Picasso "Harlequin."

great story Ralph; I m sure if the Picasso  would have looked better with you
laying in front of it....
. he  would have arranged that too......

Here is my two cents as a follow up :and Im sure you know the players

During the tall ships on the 4th of July in 86  I was invited aboard the
"Imperatore" which is second in size only to Forbes "Highlander";
 I was greeted  at the ships rail by  a  half ton goon in a shiny suit who
chewed gum and gave me the pat down.much to the delight of my date who was
the crazy niece of the owner    Don   -bagadonuts-----------
who with his Little Ceasear demeanor  was  right out of central castings for
the Sopranos with a little Ralph Cramdon thrown in .
There is nothing like being on a 15 million dolllar boat whose nautical decor
is shall we say Roman -Bergen County Classical . Run by a crew who would put
your feet in cement if they had to .
The highlight was the captains bedroom
(owners bedroom) in which hung   his large  gilded Initial  carved in oak
draped with festoons on the bed headboard of a bed you could play football on
.
This oppulent bed was surrounded by   Italian gilded furniture ; but there on
the ships wall   almost lost in this sea of all this bad taste was a  Monet
and a Cravaggio
When I complimented the owner who was top side  in shades wearing alot of
heavy gold he said  "Oh Yea.dat "."but; did you  have have the Ziti ?"....
 I miss it so   ..

Michael...  .