From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:32:15 -0500
I'd start by opening the box to make sure the Video card is properly seated. Then I'd boot into safe mode, go to device manager, look under video adapters, highlight and remove everything I saw there.  If you can't get out of 16 colors your card is not installing (you may have a compatibility problem). Then I'd restart and boot into Windows. You should get a new hardware found screen for your video card.  Hopefully you've already downloaded the latest driver for this card.  Follow the instructions and load the latest driver using the new hardware wizard that appeared.  If it still won't install, the problem may be a compatibility issue with your mobo or system.  Without specific error messages, it would be hard to tell.  You might want to take it to a techie for installation.

>hey I have a problem I just built my own computer and
>I got everything in and ready, loaded windows 98 and
>When I ran windows there is vertical lines all over my
>screen and my video card (nvidia geforce2 mx-200 w/tv
>out)When I try to install the drivers it does but I
>then  try to load windows again and it hangs with a
>black screen and stays that way till I shut off power.
> also It wont let me change the color to true color or
>256 colors it only stays at 16 colors.  Please help me
>I have tried to fix it and I need some help so if you
>could write me back and possibly tell me what is wrong
>that would be greatly appreciated.
>thank you,

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com