Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:11:22 +1200
Thanks Mark - the same thought had occurred to me, but it's a new case and
power supply.

Anyway, I seem to have found the source of the trouble - I removed the
Promise card from the system and the problem disappeared.  It's been running
for two days now without a hitch.

So this is really a pain, as I particularly wanted to keep this ancillary
IDE controller going.  Or an IDE controller of some kind - I'm not married
to the Promise card, it's just I used one in my last rig and never had a
hiccup.

What I'm trying to achieve is to get some spare IDE slots.  I've two drives
and two CDRom's so they take up IDE's 1 and 2. But I'm still short of one
for the ZIP drive (which I'm won't run on a Plll port) plus one for the DVD
player and a spare for programming new HDD's.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown