From:
Marianne Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 14:49:18 -0400
Kathleen said:

and yet you continue to eat (in albeit small amounts) foods which you have ,
presumably, previously determined that you should not eat.

Why not use your body instead of your brain, or at least in addition to it
for a while by doing perfect paleo, even if it is not a perfect diet?

***oh boy, now I'm being told what to do! I was looking for opinions, not
instructions on my eating habits or priorities. I'll say again: if fat is to
be 30 or 40% of my daily calories, it is important to me to get that as
close to right as possible. I feel that has much more weight than eating a
little chocolate once in awhile and I'm comfortable eating that chocolate.
I'm not looking for people to correct me on exactly how paleo I should be.
Using my body instead of my brain - what the heck does that have to do
figuring out what fats to eat? My body doesn't exactly signal me when I eat
too much polyunsaturated fat or too little saturated fat! It doesn't flash a
sign that says "incorrect balance." If you get that kind of clear bodily
feedback, you're a very lucky person. Let's not assume we're all the same
though.

I'm very much hoping that people can stick to opinions and information and
just graciously delete msgs they don't want to read, as I very frequently
do!