C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marilyn Zamarripa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 07:47:57 -0500
My daughter had spasms so bad a three years ago she could not even sit
in her wheelchair.  She spent 4 months of her 8th grade year sitting in
a reclined lazy boy chair doing her school work that the teachers sent
home.  The oral never did much except make her woozy.  She got a
baclofen pump with almost immediate results of being able to sit in her
wheelchair.  It took a while (many months and even a year or so) to get
the final dosage adjusted to relieve all of the pain and spasms without
making her floppy.  All is good now!

Marilyn