C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:11:08 -0500
Well, folks. looks as if it's my turn to unload...

If you will recall, I had a laminectomy this past September and spent two
months at home recovering from it.  I was on Norco for three weeks after the
surgery; in fact my memory of 9/11 is a mixture of pain, disbelief, horror
and nausea, as the painkiller made me so sick I couldn't keep any food down.
I quick taking it and immediately felt better albeit in pain.

Fast forward to Feb. 13 - that's the day my wheelchair flipped back and I
landed on my head; nothing broken but a headache for a few days along with a
stiff neck.  Now my bad leg is more stiffly spastic than ever and I'm in
more pain.  (the recent two weeks of rain didn't help any, either).  When I
saw my neurologist yesterday for a follow-up visit, and told him about all
this, he was a bit alarmed.  I'm going to go through another MRI April 17
just to make sure everything's OK.  I just hope all that  hassle and money
spent on the surgery last fall wasn't wasted.  Ugh.  Please keep me in your
thoughts.

Thanks, Kat