C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 04:38:29 -0800
--- Betty B <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Standard Time,
>Furthermore, there will be an ever increasing number
> of surviving prematurly
> born babies, resulting maybe in an increase in the
> incidence of CP, resulting
> in you maybe being in charge of all of us.

I believe you are right about the many more extremely
premature babies will be ABLE to be saved Betty. I
think science/medicine will also make it possible that
the CPer's of those preemies will also be in the
minority( I think we all hope for that  goal). The
scary thing that I see happening soon and in the
future is that with medical resources/money being
squeezed, state and federal budgets being crunched
till they scream (along with us,) that those preemies
won't  be given the chance to survive because of the
amount of money involved in the care just to get out
of NICU. Adults can be vocal for themselves and are
many more in number than these smallest ones of
humanity who has no voice but ours.
Joanne

http://sports.yahoo.com/