C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:09:02 EST
Gary, I'm in Oakland which is about 5 miles from Berkeley. The rents are very
high everywhere in the bay area, if not for Oakland housing authority I'd be
in a bad place. I have a nice 2 bedroom place in a good area, and my rent is
1350. I pay 208.00 of that, section 8 pays the rest. The public
transportation (busses) is very good. and is more reliable than paratransit.
Paratransit sucks. and no, you do not cancel out paratransit if you can ride
the bus, because there are other things to consider, such as the bus may not
go after a certain hour, or dr's appointments. Bart is fair, but their
elevators have a reputation for breaking down. I have great services as far
as help is concerned, but not everybody is as lucky to have the agency I
have. The general PCA situation is poor because it pays min wages.

mag