C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:03:33 -0500
I'm in the same ballpark, Brent.  As simulation continues to improve, the
"virtual" flying experience gets more fun for me.  I have a DSL at the
house, and fly with a group of folks on the 'net.  If you get a decent ATC
package it can be loads of fun.  Our only problem is that everyone wants to
fly and nobody wants to be ATC.  I enjoy playing God, though, so I'm usually
tapped for the role.  You can really get involved with real-time weather,
traffic, the whole-nine-yards if you want.  I could get addicted pretty
quick if I let myself, so I set "maximum flight time" every week.  Once I
use it up, I don't get on again until the following week.

I really enjoy fly fishing/tying and B&W photography too, so I have to
steward my time pretty carefully.  I have to work hard at not letting my
wife and kids be "virtual widow and orphans".  Do you have any passions
besides flying and cooking (I ask as someone who can "burn" water?

-Kyle