C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:44:07 EST
9:30 am.  Trip to credit union, used not-so-accessible bathroom (if you don't
mind leaving the stall door open).  Whaddya gonna do?  It's a silent
disability rights statement when you're seen like that.

10:45  Adventures in grocery land.  Wheelchair accessible exit blocked by
several rows of shopping carts placed by Mohammed, employee of the month.
I've nothing against Mohammed personally, but he doesn't know the rules of
the road.  Neither did two of the employees in the store, and none of them
spoke English well enough for us to have meaningful communication.

The handicapped parking spaces in front of the store are handicapped
themselves, lacking the addtional access area that makes us so well liked in
the malls during Christmas shopping season.

This store is the perfect project.  This is where I'll stop and spend some
time.