C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 11:09:22 -0500
My parents used to help UCP raise money in the LA area when I was quite
young, and even had me on the telethon a couple of times.  However,  my
mother put a stop to it for 2 reasons: 1) She loathed parading the kids
around the stage, thought it made us look pathetic and she thought it
belittled us, and 2) I would throw a tantrum every time they put me up
there, and she got tired of it.

I think my mom was born before her time. Now she's been gone for two years,
I really miss her and her wisdom.

I have never been able to watch Jerry Lewis without a frission of horror
and/or distaste.  The man isn't even funny, and I cannot fathom why he's so
popular, particularly in France.  My sisters both feel the same about him.

Kat