BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
make queasy -- get sakcreted <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 01:01:13 -0800
Ralph,  My other choice was body gas but that didn't make any sense in
context.  Ruth

At 10:04 AM -0500 12/14/02, Ralph Walter wrote:
In a message dated 12/14/2002 7:42:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

What is bodegas?  We just have regular and high test up here, must be a
city thing.

Ruth, Ruth, Ruth, you silly girl.

Bodegas are the Hispanic equivalent of General Stores. They probably have
them in rural Puerto Rico as well as Spanish Harlem (that is, the part of
Harlem that our new friend the French-educated, non-Pinhead architect said
includes farmhouses), Da Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens.  Who knows whether
Staten Island has them, but nobody's going there to find out.

Ruth, I think your problem is that when you've been in Minhattin, you saw
neither the  wire factories with undistinguished Art Deco facades nor the
many farmhouses in East Harlem.   I think you better hurry down right NOW,
before you miss them.

Give us a call (and not collect, no matter what Mr. T says) when your
itinerary is all worked out.

Ralph

--
Ruth Barton