Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 01:07:00 -0500
7bit
From:
"Jose E. Dominguez" <[log in to unmask]>
Posted on behalf of William Closure.

In going through old mail, came across this followup, thought you might
appreciate the comment in item #2:

1) It's Back From The Dead!

"Now you see it; now you don't:" ResellerRatings was there, then was
replaced with a page that said "ResellerRatings.com is being
discontinued. That page then redirected you to an unrelated page on
Earthweb.

But, mysteriously, ResellerRatings is back at its original URL---
http://www.resellerratings.com/  --- and appears to be working normally.

I have no idea what the shutdown/sale/restart was all about (my guess is

that they were unprepared for the howls of protest...), but the service
is back, and that's what's important.

Check it out, not only to see how others have fared with various
vendors, but to add your own ratings, too.

2) Other Ways To Rate Vendors

When it appeared that ResellerRatings was dead, some other sites stepped

up to serve as alternatives. Plus, several readers found other
less-well-
known sites that were already in business offering the same kind of
real-
world/real-people, user-to-user ratings:

    Hi Fred,  I was saddened by the passing of the
    ResellerRatings.com website, I have used it for sometime...The
    people at http://www.techimo.com  whose co-founder, Scott
    Wainner also founded ResellerRatings.com, have announced that
    they will launch their own site for hardware/software retailer
    evaluations. The new website will be named
    http://pricerate.com/ . Regards, Michael Vine

    The fate of resellerratings has been mentioned in one of the
    other mailing lists I subscribe to, PCBUILD (
    http://freepctech.com  ). The options mentioned one of the
    threads are http://www.bizrate.com , or
    http://www.pricegrabber.com [see the "merchant ratings" tab]--
    - Gavin Sharp

    See http://www.anandtech.com/ratings/index.html  -- George Sine

    Fred,  The loss of this site will truly be a loss to the
 buying public As an alternative, if the most current
    information is not needed, you can also use the "wayback
    machine" http://www.archive.org/ . -- Edward

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com