C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jennifer Lahiff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:10:53 EST
Jenn,
As for the experience you had at school  as a youngster... well, I know how
you feel all too well.... but my negativity came from my own family.. My
mother used to tell me that I should never have children because of the
incredible challange it would pose for me and she thought that maybe my
children would be "deprived" of something  because of my Cp.,. When I met and
fell in love with Chris, it seems every discussion we hadn(my mother and i)
included talk of birth control pills and the norplant shots...
This filled my head with doubt and when we decided to start tryiing to
conceive, I did all the research I could... I got in touch with THROUGH THE
LOOKING GLASS which was an incredible source of support for me... They have a
really nice adaptive baby care book that I purchased and I know now I can
take care of Ava despite the limited use of my left arm/hand (very
limited)...I have met and spoke with women with many more limitations that I
have and have done EXCELLENT jobs as mommy's...
However, we will all go through challanges as mothers... the challanges for
us with cp are just more noticible....
I hope & pray you will one day get your wish:)
Jennifer