C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 21:03:20 EST
In a message dated 3/9/2002 5:26:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Well, Betty, they are either seeing a shadow of a ghost, or an actual ghost,
> perhaps a mouse or bird ghost. I've seen shadow people myself, from time to
> time. These look different from ghosts as shadow ghosts are dark in
> appearance. Humans can usually only see these shadows in their perliprial
> vision. digital cameras can pick them up too, as they shoot at faster
> speeds.
>    cats have a really fast metabolism which is why we think they see these
> things which are invisible to us.

Why do I always wait until it's dark before I read these kinds of posts, when
I also live alone?

> I had tears in my eyes last night as I read about bundy's return home. :-)
> was he happy to see you?  Educate me, do macaws talk?

I'm touched, Mag.  I didn't realize this would have that kind of effect on
other people.  He seems to be very happy right now, but I am too, and we've
been spending most of the time together since he's been back.

Bundy only knows about four or five words.  I'm sure that could improve but
I've never pushed it.  He's more of a wealth of comical gibberish than
anything, and he excells at that.  African Grays imitate human speech the
best of all parrots.

> Magic is amazing; she actually has memorized when the cursor and stuff will
> appear when I turn my 'puter on!  She waits for it and likes to chase it.
> She also knows by hearing when I'm turning the puter off.

Jubal never did seem to be overly playful.  He was a little more spirited in
his youth, but was still more intent on finding a lap to sleep in than
something to chase.