EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Schwarte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:43:03 -0500
Hello Everyone,

For the second time in the last month I have been asked if there are
accessible ways for making JAVA drop down menus that are accessible with a
screen reader.  I have done a little research on accessible JAVA.  The only
site I have found so far is Sun's Accessabllity site at
<http://www.sun.com/access/downloads/;$sessionid$PCYS4YAAAB4DZAMTA1LU45Q>.
The site looks like it is very complete but not very easy to
understand.  Does anyone know of a site which explains what is needed to
make accessible JAVA in terms a non-programmer can understand?  Any
examples of accessible JAVA drop down menuing systems would also be
helpful.  The people who have contacted me with questions, so far, seem to
be using pre-made JAVA applets that they modify for their own use.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

David Schwarte

Name:   David Schwarte
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]