EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rosemary Ernst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 13:33:52 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I have used the following code and all produce the same result:
JAWS reads Dr. Johns as D R Johns

Here is the code I have used unsuccessfully:

<abbr title="doctor">Dr.</abbr> Johns

<acronym title="doctor">Dr.</acronym> Johns
(I know this one is technically incorrect, but I thought I would give it a
try.)

Have any of you actually been able to get this to work in the latest
version of JAWS?

HELP! I've worked for quite some time to make our company site accessible
and in keeping with universal design principles.  This is the last thing to
solve before publishing. Aak!

Rosemary Ernst