EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MARLENE MCINTOSH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 08:16:15 -0400
The Educational version of Corel WordPerfect Voice (if you're a student or work in an educational institution) is about $100 Cdn, and you can get this at any Staples, etc.

The Dragon version works for dictation in this program, and you can speak naturally without pausing between words.

Another alternative is to purchase Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred for about $250, and an Educational Version of Corel WordPerfect (no voice) for about $50-$75. The advantage with this option is the fact that you can dictate in ANY windows program - Excel, Word, the Internet, Email, etc.

Hope it helps!
Marlene McIntosh

Cambrian College
The Glenn Crombie Centre
    for Disability Services
1400 Barrydowne Road
Sudbury, ON P3A 3V8
(705) 566-8101 x. 7219
Room 2539
http://homepages.cambrianc.on.ca/snrrc

>>> [log in to unmask] May 2, 2001 8:03:30 AM >>>
I am wondering if anyone is a regular user of Naturally Speaking that
comes with some versions of WordPerfect for WINDOWS? Or, another software
voice recognition programme that is affordable.

I've tried IBMs Voice Type Simply Speaking (home version), but having to
place a gap between each delivered word is very uncomfortable.

Of course cost is a factor,  too. Whether to buy Dragon, for example,
separately from WPWIN, or together with WPWIN. Or, another software.

I mainly want to use it for dictation purposes, not so much for navigation
purposes. As I say, cost is a factor (as always), too. And, can used
copies be obtained somehow?

Thanks,

Bill in Toronto