EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pranav Lal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2007 07:36:28 +0530
Hi all,

I am currently looking at buying and ergonomic keyboard for myself.  The
reason I'm doing this is because I have mild tendinitis.  Even though I am
using speech recognition technology, I still find myself doing some amount
of typing.

My current keyboard is not all that uncomfortable but then I am always
trying to further optimise my setup.  In the first place, will and ergonomic
keyboard help?  Or, am I trying to create a solution to a problem that does
not exist?  My current keyboard is a Logitech Dinovo keyboard.

Presuming the answer is yes to the above question, then what kind of
ergonomic keyboard should I buy?  One possible kind of keyboard I found is
at http://www.ngtvoice.com/products/hardware/kinesis/.

The trouble is that almost every keyboard manufacturers states that their
keyboards are ergonomic.

Notes:
I live outside the United States and do not have access to a qualified
occupational therapist.  I am doing whatever I can on my own.

Pranav