EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Verhoeven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 09:54:00 +0100
Dear list members,

Last months AiSquared got complaints from ZoomText users who also use a
screen reader in combination with ZoomText. Some third party companies
seems to give bad technical support on those users. Some of those technical
support people said they never heard about ZoomText?
It is a pitty that AiSquared doesn't mention names of those third parties.
If you have any problem with technical support from whatever company in the
industry of accessibility feature let me know!

Below is the text of the open letter about this topic.
Regards Peter Verhoeven
Internet : http://www.magnifiers.org (The Screen Magnifiers Homepage)

An Open Letter to All Ai Squared Customers and Dealer-Partners:
Many of you use a stand-alone screen reader alongside ZoomText. Recognizing
this, we have worked hard to make ZoomText compatible with other firms'
screen readers. We've also strived to ensure that our support team is
up-to-speed on other products you may rely upon.
Over the past few months, a number of you have come to us frustrated over
the technical support that you have been receiving from the other end - from
screen reader providers. While GW Micro has always worked with us to
support users that take advantage of ZoomText and WindowEyes together, some
of you have been told by other providers that they have never heard of
ZoomText, or that ZoomText is not compatible with your screen reader. As
the leading provider of accessibility solutions for low vision computer
users, we are surprised to hear that other firms in our industry have not
taken the time to inform their technical support staffs about the large
audience of users that depend on our products. And as a firm that invests
more than half of its development effort into compatibility, we would like
to make clear that ZoomText is built to work with whatever screen reader you
choose to use with it.
As some of you may know, we will release ZoomText 8 during 2001. ZoomText 8
will go beyond version 7's integration of magnification and reading,
allowing many of you to take advantage of a single product for all of your
speech and magnification needs. Of course, we will continue to ensure
compatibility with other screen readers and be more than happy to field your
technical support questions on these issues even after ZoomText 8 launches.
In the meantime, if you have questions about using your current version of
ZoomText with a screen reader, please take advantage of our free, unlimited
technical support. We promise not to tell you that we've never heard of the
screen reader you depend upon.
- The Ai Squared Team

The Screen Magnifiers Homepage

http://www.magnifiers.org

To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: [log in to unmask]