EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Herman Schmigitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 06:41:19 -0800
Hi Ruth,
You might find some of my freeware PC software
suitable for adolescents with developmental
disabilities.  Before working at the community college
level in AT, I taught classes to adults with the
developmental disabilities for five years.  In my
spare time, I wrote some fun educational computer
programs for my students including Community Signs,
Spell the Fruit, and Spell the Vegetables, among
others.  They are free and available on my personal
Web site:
Resources for Teachers of Basic Skills
http://www.northcoast.com/~hope

Bill Straub
High Tech Instructor
College of the Redwoods
Eureka, California

Ruth Burchell
 wrote: Hello everyone,Does anyone have any
information on the followingadaptive computing
software and other related productsin general,
specifically geared towards the adolescentperson with
developmental disabilities?What I specifically need
information on is computersoftware that would be
appropriate, and could berecommended for our agencies’
lending library for theadolescent person with
developmental and the differentlevels of cognitive
disabilities. Any resources orthe latest technological
information available todaywould be appreciated.As I
am relatively new to this specific technology,
inparticular, I would appreciate it if anyone
wouldshare with me any experiences about Intellikey,

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/